Monday, November 6, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Still Plugging Away!

Hi, all!

Wow, did this week fly by!  Even with an extra hour this weekend, I can feel those holidays breathing down my neck.  Can you?  

Last week's list went pretty well, although I think I'm a little light on pictures.  Let's check it out...

1.  Keep working on Emmy's annual quilt.
Done!  I've got the front AND the back finished and stashed away to be quilted after I finish off some other projects...





2.  Meet with a friend about quilting the quilt top her great-grandmother made.
Done!  This quilt is now on the frame and ready to be quilted tomorrow...


3.  Finish the thank-you notes for A Heart For Texas.
Done!  This is such a great community - we received over 1000 pillowcases and about 75 quilts for Texas!

4.  Bind a quilt for the quilt ministry.
Done!  It's the plus quilt shown below...

5.  Make the next set of blocks for my Gypsy Wife quilt.
Done!  These are Courthouse Steps blocks.  So pretty!



6.  Continue hand-quilting my Long Time Gone quilt.
In progress!  I'm enjoying the slow and intimate time with my quilt, plus it's finally cool enough to sit under it and stitch!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away four quilts this week...

This quilt went to a gentleman diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...



...and this one went to a gentleman dealing with lung cancer.


This quilt went to a woman who will be undergoing surgery for breast cancer this week..


...and this one went to a new baby girl!


And that's not all I did this week!  I also made a pillowcase for Nathanael (a Christmas present)...


...started working on Lilli's annual quilt...


...AND cleaned out the pantry!!


And that last item is a good way to segue into next week's list, because... I just found out that I will be hosting the family Thanksgiving dinner this year, which means that some serious house cleaning will have to happen around here!  Let's see what's on tap for this week...

1.  For this week's house cleaning tasks, deep clean the kitchen and gather up a load of things and take them to Goodwill.

2.  Keep working on Lilli's annual quilt.

3.  Make next week's Gypsy Wife blocks.

4.  Quilt the vintage top for my friend.

5.  Meet with a customer about a t-shirt quilt.

6.  Gather up fabrics for another commission quilt.

7.  Do some more hand quilting on my Long Time Gone quilt.

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up this week.

Definitely enough to keep me out of trouble this week.  I wonder how many squirrels I can chase, though!  Do you have that problem?  Pretty new projects always beckon me...

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

5 comments:

  1. All that and you cleaned and organized your food cabinet too! Wow! Meanwhile, I'll be working away at my pineapple quilt :-) I'm sure there's other stuff I need to do, but I can't remember what's on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Wendy, I’m always amazed by your workflow and cleaning too, impressive. I will be working on Gypsy this week, all the blocks are made ‘just’ the jigsaw of putting it together left. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of pretty stuff being made in your place! I'm working on a quick table topper that is designed to showcase just one thing that can be done with my block design in the next issue of QuiltMaker's 100 Blocks, will be blogging on it on the 13th. And have been gathering sashing fab's for next yrs BOM designs and working on other assorted projects. Enough to keep me out of trouble. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Lilli's ombre quilt is shaping up! This week's goal is to get at least one WIP basted and start the quilting. I received a HUGE (>40 lbs!!) donation of fabric and I need to stitch some up to see if it's suitable for quilting. It's all vintage Laura Ashley and slightly thicker than quilting weight.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!