Wednesday, October 11, 2017

I May Have a Scrap Problem... Playing Catch-up!

Hi, all!

Wow - I've been cranking out pillow covers this week like a crazy woman, so many of them that I almost forgot about scrappy Wednesdays!  Fortunately, I did remember in time to crank out this week's Gypsy Wife blocks...


I am so thankful for my Bloc-Loc ruler, which makes trimming up HSTs so easy!  If you don't have one, you really should invest in one - they are the best!  I actually have two - a 6.5" one for smaller blocks, and a 12.5" one for really big HSTs!


So in less than an hour, I picked the fabrics, cut the pieces, and sewed these blocks together!   These are just called HST blocks, no special name.  Only one more week of "named" blocks, then I start working on the filler blocks!  Once again, the fabrics are from the Latitude line of batiks by Kate Spain.

I also worked on this pillow today, which used up the end of a mini charm pack, and some fabric left over from a quilt back.  Scrap-busting!



I love that the print on the fabric gave me the perfect markings for the straight line stitching!  


Here's a montage of some of the other pillows I made this week. This isn't even all of them!  It's been busy week... 


And I finally started quilting my Long Time Gone quilt - by hand!  I love how this looks, and I am grateful that we're coming up on winter, when I won't mind sitting under a quilt in the evenings!


 So that's been my scrap- and stash-busting week - lots of orphan blocks, scraps, and bits of short yardage used up!  Woohoo!!


My scrap monster is becoming my little scrap buddy!

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. That pillow is perfect. Perfect quilting, perfect scraps and perfect edging. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a 4.5" bloc loc that I use a lot along with the 6.5" one. Love the HST blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are inspiring me to make more. I am making tons of pillow cases, but no cover for throw pillows. Must rethink this trend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of scrappy goodness going on in your sewing room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your pillow covers. I have enjoyed seeing them. You have really been busy. I must have missed why you are making so many. Are they just to change things up in your house or are you making them for something specific like gifts or a charity? Thanks for the tip on the rulers. I might pick up some of those at the Houston Quilt Festival in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What absolutely adorable pillow covers!! They look perfect and so professional. Something I struggle with having the corners look sharp and accurate.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been enjoying all your pillows on Instagram. You're on a pillowy roll! I'm guessing you'll be selling or giving some away? Seems like a lot of pillows just for your own home...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!