Friday, November 24, 2017

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Not Much to Share...

Hi, all!

It's hard to believe that it's Friday already, but it's here!  And as always, that means that it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on again!  Let's get started...

I've been so busy the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately, I can't share any of my completed projects yet.  However, I am whooping about a few things....


Good neighbors with heavy equipment who helped us recover from some storm damage to our trees...


A little bit of "me time" to work on blocks for my Gypsy Wife quilt...


And a near-perfect turkey, after years of not having to make one!  We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year, and despite some minor hiccups, managed to pull it off with a houseful of happy people and no tears from kids or adults!

Now I think that's worth a whoop whoop!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's making you whoop it up this week?


What's got you doing a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends...

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight!

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. glad your turkey turned out, years ago I found the roast the turkey in the Cooking Bag and have used that method for many years - the turkey always turns out moist and no basting reqired

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great neighbors. :) Love your Gypsy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't wait to see your progress on the Gypsy Wife! Happy belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a crap shoot for me and cooking turkeys. I bought a store brand this year because there were no Butterballs available and thankfully the bird turned out to be tasty and moist.

    I too am following the Gypsy wife sewalong but I don't have the book. I've found some online sources from last year's SAL so that I have an idea of the sizes of the various blocks. I will be substituting some quarter square triangles for some of the square in a square blocks...raiding my orphan blocks for those. It should be fun to assemble the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making great strides on your Gypsy Wife QAL. Beautiful turkey for sure and it looks like a big one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe so many of y'all got something done this week with the holiday. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!