Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - A Little Late!

Hi, all!

Where does the week go?  Seems like I was just making last week's list, and now it's time to review my progress.  So let's see how it went...


1.  Start another t-shirt commission quilt.
Started!  I began deconstructing the t-shirts today!

2.  Put the borders on the quilt top for a friend.
Done - also today!  This is going to be a gorgeous quilt...



3.  Make a set of four cushion covers and two pillows.
I haven't begun this one yet.  😔

4.  Work on my Long Time Gone quilt blocks for the week.
Done, plus I started this week's blocks, too!







5.  Work on more of the graduation quilts.
Done! I quilted four and handed them off to the lady who will bind them, and washed five more and delivered them to church.  When those four are bound and washed, we'll have 21 ready - only four more to go!




6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Only one this week - this quilt went to a lady dealing with pancreatic cancer.


And here's the reason why I didn't get to some of the things on my list... a little commission work came in!  Two more memory quilts...



My friend was so creative with these!  I love that they are each so individual...

I also made a memory pillow - here's the front and back...



So some extra unexpected items derailed my plan for last week -  but that's ok!  There's always this week.  And here's my "to-do's" for this week...

1.  Continue the t-shirt commission quilt (a graduation present!)

2.  Make a set of four cushion covers and two pillows.

3.  Quilt my friend's quilt top.

4.  Work on my Long Time Gone quilt blocks.

5.  Continue working on the graduation quilts for the quilt ministry.

6.  Start organizing and photographing the prizes for Hands2Help!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Definitely enough to keep me busy!  Graduation is such a busy time, and the end of the Hands2Help Challenge is just around the corner - so many exciting things all at once!!  So I'm just taking a lot of deep breaths and tackling one job at a time.  How do you deal with busy times?

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I am amazed at all that you have gotten done. I've never seen those shirt pillows before. What a great gift those would make to loved ones after someone passes. Thanks for sharing all your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like great progress to me :-)
    Love the shirt pillows and the Long Time Gone blocks. I can't wait to see these blocks all put together. I'm working on the En Provence this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Sounds like you need a week off! I like that saying on the pillow pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memory quilts and pillows, treasures always. And you again have been so busy, I am in awe of all that is turned out from your hands and machines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you sure got a lot done. I really like that quilt you put the borders on and also the memory quilts and pillows. Great job. Everything looks great and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's so sweet that your ministry gives quilts to new graduates! I have two in my family who are finishing college, and haven't started on their quilts yet. Better get cracking! I have some fun science themed fabrics for these two whip-smart nieces...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!