Friday, December 2, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Two Down, One to Go!

Hi, all!

Welcome to the first Friday in December!  Hard to believe this year is almost over - and there are only five more chances to whoop it up this year!!  I hope you'll have a few things you can share between now and then - I know there's a lot of secret sewing going on right now - but maybe you can share teasers!  So - let's get our whoop whoop on!!

I'm fortunate that my grandchildren don't read my blog yet.  I'm sure that will change in the future, but for now, I can share some of what I'm working on this month.  Last week I shared Lilli's annual quilt, and this week, it's Emmy's turn!

This year, Emmy has been obsessed with goldfish crackers, sometimes demanding them to the exclusion of everything else for meals.  So when I saw this quilt, I knew I needed to recreate it for her!  


I started quilting this quilt on the frame, running long wavy horizontal lines through the blue background.


Then I moved over to my tabletop machine and put radiating straight line stitching in each fish.


And here's the full size quilt!  I've decided to name it "There's One In Every Crowd" - just like my youngest granddaughter, who dances to the beat of her own drum.  Sorry for this un-inspirational picture, but we finally started getting some rain - we are really grateful for the rain, but it makes for bad pictures!!


Here's her very own personal "goldfish"!


For the back of the quilt I used the Mendocino mermaid print by Heather Ross.  I love this print - it's whimsical without being childish!  I chose mermaids because Emmy has also told us that she loves the beach because she "is a mermaid"!  The beach is definitely her love language...

So that's the second of three annual quilts finished!   One more to go...

Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you -
And it's always more fun to celebrate with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight -

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

18 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous quilt, she is going to be over the moon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those goldfish are lovely, what a wonderful quilt for a mermaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks so nice, I love it!
    Cheers,
    Emese

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your goldfish I made one of those years ago, different design but loved it and handed it off to someone who loved it too as you are doing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on having two finished, Sarah! I really love the goldfish quilt and it seems like such a great fit for Emmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fish quilt is sew cute! You have regular, double cheddar and pizza Goldfish, at least, on that quilt. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O M G!!! I love this quilt, woman! I guess I am a bit too old for you to adopt me as a granddaughter, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you fish quilt! Your granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable quilt. I love the fish. Great job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those fish! The mermaid backing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the linkup! Sorry I messed up my first attempt #61.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is SO adorable! Love everything about it! The quilting is perfect too. Fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a sweet quilt for a sweet girl! I, too, love the mermaid print. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That one fish just makes the quilt! I'm sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love it and I know she will too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the fish are FABULOUS!!!

    Is there someplace I can look to figure out how to use the linky? I'm trying link from Instagram. Will that work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to give Instagram another try! I have an idea!

      Delete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!