Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Meanwhile, Back At The BatCave...

Hi, all!

Remember the old Adam West Batman shows?  The announcer would always say, "Meanwhile, back at the Bat Cave..." and we'd see everything that had been going on while the bad guys were doing their thing.  Well, no bad guys here, but it kind of feels like that since there hasn't been a real Make-A-List Monday since before the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop!  So it's time to get back on track and make a list.  But since there was a list a few weeks ago, let's take a look at it and show what got done...

1.  Quilt the Christmas quilt-along quilt.
Done, and it turned out really nicely!


2.  Quilt at least some of the Stash Builder Box quilts.
All eleven are finished and have been sent back to Amanda!


3.  Deconstruct t-shirts and prepare the blocks for the first commission quilt.
Done and delivered!


4.  Quilt a baby quilt for a shower this weekend.
Done and delivered - and the baby, too!


5.  Finish the quilt-along blogposts.
Done, and it was a lot of fun!

6.  Finish a commission table runner.
Done!  I really love this design...


7.  Meet with a customer to pick out backing fabric for a future commission t-shirt quilt.
Done - and this quilt is almost finished!

8.  Get estimates for tree work at our house (fun fun fun!!)
Still working on this one.  The first estimate I got literally took my breath away - about double what I thought the high end would be! 

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done! We've given away a bunch of quilts since I last posted...

This quilt went to a young mom with breast cancer...


And this one to a woman with a brain aneurysm...


This quilt went to a man with multiple medical issues...


And this one to a woman who will be having surgery for a benign tumor between her brain and ear.


This quilt is going to a man with colon cancer...


And this to an elderly gentleman with cancer.


This quilt is going to a 12-year old boy with leukemia...


And this one is going to a couple who lost their 18-month old son in a horrible accident.


And these two went to new babies in our church family!




So at least I managed to get through most of the stuff on that list!  (There wouldn't be much excuse not to, for sure!)  Now let's see what's on the decks for this week...

1.  Finish the second t-shirt commission quilt.

2.  Meet with a customer about two more t-shirt quilts.

3.  Work on a set of placemats (more commission work).

4.  Work on a rocker cushion and pillow (more commission work!)

5.  Work on blocks to finish a quilt started by a ministry member who died recently.  This quilt will go back to her husband.

6.  Brainstorm and test ideas for an upcoming (secret) project! 
So exciting!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I'm sure there's other stuff that I need to work on, but that's all that comes to mind now - and my power just went out, so I can't post this tonight anyway!  I'll come back tomorrow morning and finish this up...

(Meanwhile, back at the bat cave...) The power is back on this morning - hooray - and I've thought of one more thing to add to the list, but I think it's complete now.  So now, the question is...

What are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I think I need to start a list too and we too need to get some tree estimates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bat Cave. Bee Hive. So similar according to your post! Good luck with the tree project, my folks had a similar surprise after a bad storm. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, we were just talking about the Batman TV show this weekend. I'll be doing embroidery work this week, since I'll be flying to Alaska to see our youngest son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bat Cave certainly was busy - even without vilians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowee....you've been busy - lovely quilts.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one busy lady! I love all of your quilts. I hope you have a very productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, you are amazing. Keeping a list and working through it. Great job, always love to see what you have going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a great motivator! Every time I read one of your posts I want to run to my sewing room and get stuff done! All those church ministry quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great memory! I used to love Bat Man!!! I wonder if he made lists? Nah - Alfred would have done that for him and then told him what was next on the list to be checked off LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to make a list myself. At the moment I have just a couple...
    1. Finish blouse I am making myself.
    2. Finish a quilt a long called Summer Solstice.
    3. Put backing on a quilt top I made for my daughter for her birthday 3 years ago. (I 4 qui)
    4. Put backings on 4 quilts Ive made for Project Linus.
    5. Finish a quilt that I am using gorgeous fabric for (I spelled the word gorgeous wrong. Its a line of fabric) that I should have made a year and a half ago.
    6. Finish hand sewing a king size hexagon quilt onto its backing fabric...its just one big huge hexagon flower that Is all hand sewn. Ive been working on that forover a year.
    7. I am machine quilting 4 blocks for a 24 inch dresden plate.

    Oh I am pretty sure I have a few more projects I have forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those ministry quilts...so many people suffering. It makes me so sad! But I hope that your beautiful quilts will help them feel the love of your community. Thank you for this good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, I need some of your energy! I just love that friendship star baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!