Monday, June 6, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - The Space Between

Hi, all!

Well, after a flying weekend trip to Virginia and back for my father-in-law's 85th birthday, I'm ready to buckle down for some serious sewing for a couple of weeks!  I missed my sewing machine so much this weekend - but I did get some important things done while spending time the car!  Fun things are coming up on the blog - more about that later!

First let's see how last week's list went.  It seems so long since I looked at it, I was surprised to see what was actually on it!


1.  Mail off all the Hands2Help prizes that I have to mail.
Done!  I had 48 packages to mail - my post office just loves me!!



2.  Email all the donors and recipients of the other prizes.
Done!  I think I've notified everyone and hooked up all the donors and recipients - hooray!

3.  Clean my house so my dog sitter doesn't run away screaming!
Done!  She stayed for the whole weekend, so I guess it was okay!

4.  Lots and lots of Nana time with the kiddos so my daughter can meet some work deadlines before we go out of town.
Done!  She managed to get everything done the day before we left, which was a great relief to her and me both!


5.  Spend any available sewing time working on the commission
 t-shirt quilt.
I didn't end up with any free time for this last week, but I've already been working on it this afternoon!

6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We didn't have any quilt requests this week, but we did send twenty-five summer weight children's quilts with our church's mission team as they went to work in an orphanage in Haiti this week.


So, while it wasn't a big week for sewing, I did get some major things accomplished in winding up the H2H administrative stuff!  Whew!!!  

But now for the space between - the two weeks between our trip to Virginia and an upcoming trip to NYC!  I've got to get a lot of sewing done in that time period - some commission quilts and stuff for that upcoming project I've been hinting about (more about that later!) so here's the list for this week...

1.  Work on the t-shirt commission quilt.

2.  Meet with someone about another t-shirt commission quilt!

3.  Mail H2H quilts and the prize from last Friday's giveaway.

4.  Try to squeeze in a few more blocks for the scrappy quilt on the design wall.

5.  Provide chauffeur services to my oldest granddaughter as she enjoys Summer Jam (Vacation Bible School) at my church this week.

6.  Visit with my niece for one last time before she moves to join her sister in the Frozen North (aka Calgary, Canada).

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

And there's one more thing I'll be working on this week - now that Hands2Help is over, I decided that I didn't have enough to do, so I'm organizing a Twelve Days of Christmas in July blog hop!  There's a Page tab for it at the top of the blog, right under the header picture, where you can get more info about it.  I'm really excited - we've got a great lineup of bloggers and lots of cool projects!  All to give you a head start on some Christmas crafting... so mark your calendars for July 14th - the start of the hop!!

Definitely more than enough to keep me out of trouble this week - so now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS - be sure to drop by on Friday, when we'll have another great giveaway on the blog!  I'm excited to introduce you to a new company with a great business philosophy - you're going to love it!

10 comments:

  1. sorry I didn't take part in the quilts this year I had a local fund raiser for the local library to raise funds for - hope to take part next year if you do it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the postal lady has been busy too, but you have been extra so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you put in between the top and backing for your summer quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you put in between the top and backing for your summer quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Ann, these particular quilts don't have anything between the top and backing. We simply quilt the top and backing together and bind. It makes a great weight quilt for tropical climates!

      Delete
  5. I received my gift. It was greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you ever slow down. You know, maybe sit on the front porch with a cuppa and just enjoy your surroundings? I know you enjoy the grandchildren, but did you not get wore out? Maybe your a lot younger than I think you are. I'm really bad about thinking my blogging buddies are my age. Maybe I need some B12, that's it! On my way to the drugstore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought you'd like to know, I got my package. Thank you so much! Got a place picked out for it in the family room.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I'm working on the "secret" fabric baby book for great grandson. I'm making some paper pieced pages and then some will be I Spy fabrics. Better get to it, he's not getting any younger. LOL
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see your answer about the 'summer weight' quilts. This is something I've been thinking about so we can enjoy beautiful quilts all year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!