Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I May Have A Scrap Problem... My Stash of Shame!


Hi, all!

Do you have a Stash of Shame?  Fabrics that you have tucked away in a corner that mock you throughout the year?  Stash that seems to increase all by itself? Do you despair of ever using all of that Stash of Shame?  

Meet my Stash of Shame...


Over Christmas when I was cleaning up my studio, I actually put all my Christmas scraps, neatly pressed and folded, into a box WITH A LID in the hopes that they wouldn't multiply when I wasn't looking - that box is full and not much room to expand.  So far, so good!  


And then there's the yardage... I keep telling myself I can't buy more Christmas fabric until I use up what I have, but last year some new stuff jumped into my cart - - - oops......


A few years ago, I made this Trip Around The World quilt with my Christmas fabrics, thinking that it would make a good dent in the stash...


It even has a super-scrappy back!  Did it make a dent?  NO!  That's why I call this my Stash of Shame - I think it will be with me forever, no matter what I do!

So you're probably wondering why I'm showing you Christmas fabrics today.  After all, it's HOT outside, people are starting their summer travel, no one's thinking about Christmas - - - am I right?

Well, there are twenty-six great quilt bloggers who are thinking about it, and planning something special just for you.....


So if you have a Christmas Stash of Shame, or even if you don't, I hope you'll save the date and join us for the 12 Days of Christmas in July blog hop.  There's going to be lots of fun Christmas projects, gift ideas, and if you've ever yearned to make your own Christmas quilt, there's even going to be a quilt-along that will guide you to make your own beautiful Christmas quilt in an hour or less a day!  Just think - you could finally have a Christmas quilt this year!

So drag out those Christmas scraps you've got stowed away and get ready - it's going to be a lot of fun!!

Hugs!

Sarah

24 comments:

  1. I don't have huge scrap yardages, but scraps galore, I save every small piece of batik, down to the odd strip maybe 1/4 inch wide. 12 days of Christmas in July, sounds so good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy....do I have fabric stash. I'm in the same boat.....nice to know we're in this together...😀
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, yes I do believe there are two bins of Christmas fabrics lurking in the closet, one of flannels and one of quilting cottons. Waiting for the miracle of time to make something wonderful of them. Oh yes, two Norman Rockwell Christmas panels too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one stash I do not have, I might have a couple fat quarters here and there of a Christmas theme type - red/green strips etc but I do not collect Christmas fabric - in fact I rarely make things for christmas as to me that is stressful - I will make a Christmas quilt or something but only when I feel like it with no deadline whether that be in May or July or whenever -- I'm afraid I do have plenty of other stash though and sometimes I wonder why I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in. My Cristmas stash is getting out of hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be there!! My Christmas stash is out of hand and you wouldn't believe the yardage that I have. Looking forward to joining your sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy-howdy do I ever! Would love to clean out the Christmas drawer and box. Glad you're waiting till I get back from vacay to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I do have a scrap stash of shame. It is absurd. When I first started quilting I actually bought a bag of scraps. Then I had people give me scraps. Now I try to give mine away to no avail.
    (I think they are like some horror movie and will eventually push me out of my house!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are are telling me that putting a lid on it help with the multiplying ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only Christmas fabric is charms. I hope there is a cute Christmad charm pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Yes, I have a bin with Xmas fabric, and on top yardage that does not fit in. I'm ready for July.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, I have SABLED (stash accumulation beyond lifetime expectancy).
    I am with you on the Christmas project though. I have some rectangles cut and after I finish my current project I am back to the Christmas gift quilts.
    I'm in for the 12 Days blog hop!
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never wrap a Christmas present again. Make gift bags with your stash and use them over and over, year after year. Just a simple drawstring bag, different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have 2 very large plastic bins with Christmas fabrics in them. I'll never use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes ,I have Christmas fabrics, a little bag of scraps.Last week I bought two yards for make some projects and the blog hop sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have 4 drawers full of Christmas fabric. Scraps and yardage combined. Maybe a little Hanuka hiding in there too. Looking forward to your quilt along and the goal of not needing to purchase fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is for me, although I don't really have any Christmas fabric. DH gets a bit overwhelmed by the Commercial Christmas tsunami, so we don't decorate much. He did say last year that a quilt would be OK. So, I've got my eye on this and am hoping to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be looking forward to the Blog Hop. I have a basket of Christmas fabric that has been waiting TOO MANY YEARS for its turn to be turned into a quilt. Maybe THIS is what I've been waiting for!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Christmas fabric! Sometimes I think that's all I should buy. But we all know how that goes...!

    ReplyDelete
  20. too funny! I am working on a Christmas quilt right now!!! BUT I have PLENTY of Christmas fabrics to join in the hop! I don't have a blog, but ill follow along for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, I too own a bin of Christmas fabric though not as pretty and neat as yours. Bring on that project, I'm ready to empty that bin.........

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sarah, every time you share more about the hop, I just get more and more excited! It's going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG There is NO shame...Fabric for me is not using it up...it is a much loved and much admired collection.. I collect fabric. I love fabric. I have collected fabric for 55 years now. When my husband died last year, I needed to get the hospital bed/ feeling out of that other room...DONE! By making two quilting rooms instead of one..by having fabric displayed single row instead of stuffed in on top of each other...JOy burst my heart from my collection...I love it sew.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!