Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I May Have a Scrap Problem... How I Spent My June!


Hi, all!

Has your June been as incredibly busy as mine has been?  It seems like it was just June 1st, and here it is, the end of the month with little in the way of scrap sewing to show for it...  But some months are just like that, aren't they?  

I did do a little bit of scrap sewing, though - I made some more of these cute lozenges using 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles and 1.5" squares for the corners.


I also took my green string blocks and paired them up with some string blocks built around 3.5" I-spy blocks.  I'm liking the way this is shaping up...



And today I took a few minutes of indulgent sewing time and made five more blocks for this top - because a very wise reader told me last month that even though five blocks doesn't sound like much, it's five more than I had yesterday!   


I now have 36 blocks total, and maybe with a few more and some creative sashing, I can finish off a top with these.  I'll play around with some graph paper and see what I can come up with!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

I think I will take July off from scrap sewing - because it's going to be a fun and busy month!  If you haven't heard already, I will be hosting a blog hop called the Twelve Days of Christmas in July! 

Twenty-five quilt bloggers will be sharing some really cool ideas and projects to help you jump start your Christmas crafting.  You can see them listed in the right sidebar with links to their blogs if you want to start following them now.  

Additionally, there will be a Christmas quilt-along on my blog that will show you how to have your own Christmas quilt this year - all in twelve days!  I'll be posting a pic of the quilt design and fabric requirements in the next few days so that you can get your supplies ready if you want to participate - watch for it!  It's going to be a lot of fun, so I hope to see you there!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

So now it's your turn to share - have you had a more productive month than I did?  Let us see what you've been working on to reduce or control your scrap stash - I'll need some serious inspiration to get back on track in August!   If you're going to set some goals for July, share those too - I'll cheer you on even as I watch my scraps slowly multiply throughout the month!

Hugs!

Sarah

20 comments:

  1. Your string blocks, photo frames in many frames, love that layout you have made. And so busy with everything else too.July quilting looks to be a fun time for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Christmas quilt in 12 days? I hope it's easy.....I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine. I know I'll be entertaining guests July15-17.....hope I can keep up. Looking forward to it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly do well with using up the scraps lately. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting back to my scraps too. I used to do a few string blocks after every finish, like crackers at a wind tasting, a little mindless sewing while I figured out what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I cut a bunch of scraps into useful shapes yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your green strings! That is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you get so much done - some days I do too then other days I'm not sure what I did with my day - I do have a variety of projects going for sure and reading a lot also

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your two-blocks work so well together, can't wait to see more of it as it evolves and "talks" to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your scrappy goodness. I'd say you've got a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could say that I was as productive as you have been, but I can't! I love the idea of making lozenges out of scraps. I just finished a top and want to use up the leftover fabrics rather than put it back in the stash. Those blocks will work great, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started the squares to my Christmas gift quilts so I hope to have something to share by blog hop time.
    http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those green string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love where the string quilt is going - nice play time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE those lozenges. So happy and cute. It seems like the yellow ties them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I like how the green strings design is shaping up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These projects you are working on are all very attractive. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful projects.Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I like those losenges Sarah! I also like your green scraps, strings and things lol, project! June was crazy busy SEWING for me (the Henry Glass Challenge-eeep!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the lozenges and the way you've mixed the two sets of blocks. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although I did a lot with scraps in June, I had forgotten to link at the start of the month! I love what you are working on, and you did make a lot of progress on the green strippy quilt. I still love that. It's in my future, maybe after two other scrap projects finish.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!