Friday, June 17, 2016

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Finally, A Finish!!

Hi, all!

Friday has rolled around once again, and you know what that means - - - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!!!  And I'm excited today because for the first time in weeks, I've got a finished quilt to show off!  So let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*


Meet my husband, the comedian!

I don't often ask him to help me by holding a quilt while I take pictures, but this one was so large, it would have dragged on the ground - so I enlisted his help this morning!


After a brief comedic interlude, he did hold it out so I could get some good pictures.  This is one big quilt!


This quilt really stretched my math and design skills - she had so many t-shirts she wanted to use, but some of the t-shirts had larger printed areas, so the blocks in the center are larger.  That did give some space within that inner border to show off some of her memorabilia, though!


Here you can really see how large it is - it pretty much covers the top of my king size bed!  


I think the back is really pretty, too - Kona Coal combined with a stripe of the two colors used on the front - Rich Red and Salmon.


And look how pretty the quilting shows up!  (No, that's not a stain on the back, it's the sun shining through from the other side!)  

So that's my finish for the week - can I get a whoop whoop??

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you dance a little happy dance?

Share - we want to dance right along with you - 
And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

17 comments:

  1. The back of your quilt is so good, and the front, well,I'm sure the holder-upper would insist it is all in " the arms of the holder"!!! Well done to fir it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt....my favorite photo is the first one - DH is so funny! He made me laugh.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha....The "quilt zombie" is funny. I am glad you included the picture of your Hubs doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one big quilt! Well done, incorporating all the T-shirts and memorabilia! I like the quilt zombie also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I'm not a quilter, but I love looking at them, and yours is great. Isn't it fun piecing together someones high school years again. I did try my hand a few years ago, and made a Tshirt quilt for my youngest. I was told I started quilting with the hardest of them all, ha...figures. The quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful! I am yet to make a Tshirt quilt. My sons' Tshirts are usually so 'wasted' that there is nothing there to save. Maybe someday when the grandboys get older!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful! I am yet to make a Tshirt quilt. My sons' Tshirts are usually so 'wasted' that there is nothing there to save. Maybe someday when the grandboys get older!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to hold my quilts and have my husband photograph them. Once it seemed to take forever: "Left corner higher," "Right corner lower," etc. When I heard, "Stand on one leg and stretch," I knew he was having me on! Now I pin them to the fence!

    Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the picture of your husband being the "quilt monster". My kids do that all the time with my quilts, glad to know they don't grow out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big Whoop, Whoop from me. Great way to include ephemera on the quilt. Quilting is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the tshirt quilt. It turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That really turned out well! I have never worked up the nerve to even try a tshirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The giant t-shirt quilt looks great! I'm sure it will be loved, so full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, Sarah! It looks fabulous. I can only guess at the math challenge this quilt presented. I love the fabrics on the back and the way you used them. Congrats on a beauty!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the look of tee shirt quilts and made one for my hubby's birthday a few years ago. Nowhere near as large as your one though!
    They are full of special memories, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I laughed about your math comment. I do't even attempt math...when I make a quilt like this, I just wing it. Somehow it works out, but there are usually lots of scraps from trimming "just a bit." I love the way you worked in the extras. Someone has a very special memory quilt! Congrats on the finish.

    And now that we're home from vacation, I promise to link up again, regularly. I can't figure out how people in the rural North have internet service, but that's a techie problem I won't have to face again for a while. Give me home and wifi--I'm tired of the road!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!