Monday, September 14, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - Fall Has Arrived!!


Hi, all!

Welcome to Monday, and I hope yours has been as beautiful as mine!  Fall has stopped by for a visit here - just a teaser, but it's so nice - early mornings in the low 60's, highs in the upper 70's!  It will get warmer later this week, but we know fall is coming.  Leaves will start turning soon - I can't wait for all those beautiful colors!  

But as we all know, fall means that Christmas is on its way - and as a (sadistic) friend of mine who does a countdown every year reminded me, tomorrow is the beginning of his countdown cycle for 2015 - one hundred days until Christmas!  So my lists are even more important to me now - and your vigilance as the people that keep me accountable!  Thanks for your help!

So here's how last week's list went...

1.  Piece the "secret for now" quilt.
Done!  It's actually on the frame right now.  Here's a little peek at what I spent the afternoon doing...


2.  Purchase the parts for and assemble the quilt racks for the September 19th quilt show.
Change of plans!  Because we've already got a lot of really large heavy quilts, we've decided to do something like this...


And for any of you who might be local, Quilts In The Glade will be  at The Glade Church, 9000 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Mount Juliet, TN, on Saturday, September 19th from 9 am to 3 pm.  There's also food, local crafts, car show, and all kinds of fun things going on in The Glade that day - come out for a fun family outing!!

3.  Fix Jolene's timing.
Done!  I am so thankful for my friend who came over and showed me the proper way to adjust the timing.  I never would have figured it out on my own!

4.  Finish my niece's quilt.
Done!  This was a little difficult to quilt because of the way the HSTs were cut (lots of bias edges) but it turned out really nice!


5.  Pull fabrics for Lilli's annual quilt.
Done!  I pulled this pretty stack which will become mattresses on a "Princess and The Pea" quilt...


6.  Work on Nathanael's stocking.
In progress!  I'm working on the white parts of the snowmen right now, so it's really hard to see progress, but trust me, it's there!

Taken while watching Sherlock last night!

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away four quilts this week...

This quilt went to a sweet newborn boy 
who was born with a cleft palate...


This quilt went to a local teacher whose leukemia, which had been in remission, has returned....


This beauty went to an 80 year old grandmother who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer...



...and this quilt went to a woman who is experiencing some major medical issues that the doctors have been unable to explain.


OK, so not too bad on last week's list.  I've still got a bunch of stuff stacked up to do, so let's see what's going to be on tap for this week!

1.  Finish the "secret for now" quilt.

2.  Finish the "bonus" project related to that quilt.

3.  Finish preparations for the September 19th quilt show.

4.  Cut out at least one of the grandkids' annual quilts.

5.  Start working on a commission t-shirt quilt.

6.  Work on Nathanael's Christmas stocking.

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

It's going to be an exciting week around here - I have FINALLY found a contractor to repair the storm damage to our garage, and he is starting work on Thursday!  Woohoo!!!  Between that, the quilt show, the grandkids and my list, I should be able to stay out of trouble, right?

OK - so now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I need to quilt my pinwheel quilt...but I'd rather work on building my design wall first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bow tie pinwheel quilt. I hope that I can make it out to see all the lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing the when and where!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on last week's success. You kind have to be successful with #3 on this week's list...the 19th is just Saturday, YIKES!

    I am still plugging along on knitting helmet liners. I'm missing my sewing machine terribly but it looks like I won't touch it again for a couple more weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!