Monday, March 2, 2015

Make-A-List Monday - More Snow Coming???

Hi, all!

Wow, what a week!  I spent time with my little girls every day last week, between snow days and an emergency sleepover (their other grandfather got the flu on my daughter's date night) - but I did still manage to get some sewing done!  So here's a look at last week's list:

1.  Cut out the 8th sample quilt for the quilt along.
Done!  And not only cut out, but almost completely sewn together! I have two more edges of the final border to sew on tomorrow morning, then it goes on the frame.  Here's a teaser shot...



2.  Make small items for Nancy's fundraiser auction.
Done!  I finished the "Dance" pillow, and made one other patchwork pillow...






...and I made seven infinity scarves.  I forgot to take pics of the whole group of them, but here's a pic of one...



3.  Collect prizes for the bunco fundraiser.
In progress!  I've got four zipper cases to sew up tomorrow to add to the stack...

4.  Write the tutorial for the next Sweet Sixteen quilt.
Done!  The tutorial was for a really cool technique for making two 16-patch blocks from two 10" squares - I'd love to know if anyone has seen this technique anywhere else. I can't find it in any of the searches I've done...



5.  Keep up with all ministry needs that arise.
Done!  We gave this quilt to a woman just diagnosed with cancer...


...and this one went to a gentleman who has kidney issues and internal bleeding.


OK - so not too bad last week, even with all the unexpected "Nana time"!  So let's see what's on the schedule for this week...

1.  Quilt the final Sweet Sixteen quilt.

2.  Write the tutorial for that quilt.

3.  Make four zipper bags for bunco prizes.

4.  Contact potential H2H sponsors (it's just around the corner! Can you believe it?)

5.  Cut out Nathanael's bed quilt.

6.  Keep up with any ministry needs that arise.

I've got more time without the girls this week, but with the bunco fundraiser, I'll be busy getting stuff together for that.  Hopefully!  They are once again predicting winter weather for us on Wednesday - the temperature will be 62 at 6 am, but 30 by 6 pm - and precipitation moving in. Right now they are saying sleet, freezing rain, ice, and/or snow, 4 to 6 inches!!  As they say, if you don't like the weather in Middle Tennessee, just stick around for five minutes - it'll change!  Keep your fingers crossed that all that precipitation will miss us - that would be wonderful!

So now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. just finished a quilt on the frame tonight - I will take it off the frame tomorrow and start getting the binding ready

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! Do you ever eat or sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow with the yellow binding is ... I want. I think I need to stash more yellow :) I've seen Billie Lauder do a similar strip-piecing technique for 4 patches, not using precuts, but now of course I can't find it. I'd say yours is different enough to pass copyright though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sneak peek is reds! The pillows and Oh that scarf is wonderful. Charity quilts are gorgeous, too. Keep up the good works.
    I hope to make some tiny houses, yellow butterflies and finish off the Good Night Irene. Of course, Wednesday is a new Harry Potter paper pieced pattern to make for the bookcase. It seems I get more done when there is a variety of things to work on. I'm never bored... too much fun.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!