Friday, March 20, 2015

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Some Little Whoops..

Hi, all!

How quickly the week passes!  It's already Friday, and you know what that means - it's time to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  

Unfortunately, I didn't quite manage to finish Nathanael's quilt this week - it's still lacking the binding - but I did finish the quilting today...


I started with some straight line quilting on the diagonals...


Then I did dense 1/4" straight lines on the borders...


And this morning I loaded it on the quilt frame for some random meandering in the white triangles!


And here's what the back looks like with all that stitching!  I wasn't expecting such a cool effect - nice surprise!

And here's a few other little things I'm whooping about this week...


...like Cinderella with my favorite eldest granddaughter...


...a new fort for my adorable youngest granddaughter from IKEA...


...and my very first experience with making my own baklava!!


And a very happy whoop whoop - we've already had over fifty people sign up for this year's Hands2Help Challenge!  There's still time to sign up and get in the running for the signup giveaway - a $35 gift certificate to Fabrics N Quilts!  Just click here and check the ways to enter at the end of the post!  The time to enter to be eligible for the giveaway ends Saturday at midnight.

So all in all it was a fun week, and hopefully I'll get Nathanael's quilt finished today!  Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn! 

What are you excited about this week?

What's got you dancing the happy dance?   

Share!  We want to dance along with you!

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

18 comments:

  1. The quilting is fantastic!! Those triangles on the backside look amazing. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilting and granddaughters. The baklava: a shame it is only a photo you can share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding a back with a fun quilting surprise design. Love your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not at home getting a lot of sewing done but have gotten a little sewing done, yesterday I was a huge antique shop and saw a lot of quilts so linked to that and I am featured on another blog and left a link to that on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold colors of your quilt, and oh that Baklava looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting is fabulous and inspiring. Your baklava is making me very hungry. Looks so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting detail looks so wonderful on the back of Nathanael's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are so many lovely projects linked up this week! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilting. So you did all of the straight quilting with the walking foot before putting it on your machine? How did you baste it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such fun things in your post but first...I was startled...it's Friday?! I thought it was Thursday! LOL...the brain waves are apparently not working! Thanks for setting me straight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun post. I've dancing because I have spent the afternoon quilting. Love that I get Friday afternoons to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love your quilting in those spaces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nathaniel's quilt is looking fantastic. I love the effect on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilting, but why don't you do the straight-line quilting on your longarm? I can't imagine quilting on my DSM when I have a longarm - wrestling a quilt through that tiny harp is a pain! I've been working on Elephant Parade and Texas Teardrops and hope to have the tops finished by this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want some of that Balaclava! It looks yummy! Great pictures of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll give you a Whoop Whoop! Awesome work. Straight-line stitching on the long arm isn't all it's cracked up to be, so I can see why you chose to do it on your domestic machine. Great look. And your baklava looks astounding. Any left overs?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!