Thursday, November 22, 2012

To Those I'm Thankful For....



YOU!

Hi, all!

On this Thanksgiving Day, I just want to say that I am so thankful for each and every one of you!!  My life is made brighter and richer for knowing you, my on-line friends!

And our quilt ministry is richer for those of you who have joined in our efforts in the past three years!  Yes, it's been three years this weekend since we made what became the ministry's first quilt (you can see the story of that quilt here) and since that time, many many of you have sent donations of fabric, blocks, UFOs, and finished quilts.  I am amazed at the generosity of quilters each and every day!  There is absolutely no way that we could have reached the 400+ people who have received quilts through the ministry without your help!

I have a small favor to ask of those of you who have assisted our ministry in any way in the past three years.  I really want to make a quilt to honor and memorize all those who have worked with the ministry, and I have an idea that you can help with.  I would love for each of you to make and send me a 10" block with a representation of your hand on it - drawn, embroidered, appliqued, paper pieced, however you choose to do it - and your first name, last initial and home town.  


I think by next May or so, the ministry will reach the 500 quilt mark - and I would really like to have a quilt finished to hang at church to memorialize all the hands that have helped touch all those lives.  Will you help me?

I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving holiday - eat too much, play too much, love on your families and sew sew sew!!!


Sarah

PS - There's still time to enter in my 500th Post Giveaway - I'll be drawing a winner and making the announcement in this Friday's Whoop Whoop post - so if you haven't entered yet, jump over here and leave a comment!  There's a great Ott Light up for grabs!

7 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    The helping hands quilt idea sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Sarah!!! Have a VERY blessed day with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back and read 'how it all began' what a wonderful thing to read on Thanksgiving morning! My special needs son has a prayer quilt from a local church, it is beautiful and that was such a blessing for us to receive. xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all thankful for you too, Sarah. You are so inspiring!!!
    I'm in on the hand quilt. I've got the very hand block in mind - I'm starting this afternoon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah have a wonderful thanksgiving day with all of your family including the beautiful little granddaughters. You are such a special person for all that you do and all that you create for others. Blessings and hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love reading your blog about all that you do and the ministry. Your grandchildren are just gorgeous and I like to hear the stories about them and see the items you make for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing idea. I will put this on my to do list this week. I don't help out with material means. But I say my prays you and your effort. I love getting your emails. My health sets me back sometimes, but there you are with an email to inspire. You have such great inspiration. Thank you! You keep me going. Your block will be on it's way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!