Monday, October 15, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - So much to do, so little time...

Hi, all!

Has fall made it to your neck of the woods yet?  It's starting to get really gorgeous around here - lots of beautiful fall colors beginning to peek out of the green.  And I'm going to be in the Great Smoky Mountains this weekend - I'm hoping it will be the peak weekend for fall color!!

But before I get to go do some leaf-peeping, I need to see how I did on last week's list...


1.  Quilt those three baby tops.
Partly done - one finished, one quilted but not bound, and one yet to be done.  Here's a pic of the finished one...


This one went to a little boy born several weeks premature...

2. Make a dress for my niece's wedding at the end of the month.
Well, it's cut out, but that's all!  I may not get to this one before the wedding....

3.  Quilt a man's quilt for the ministry.
Done!  This quilt will be going to a man who was hit by a drunk driver and is facing many months of rehab for serious injuries.

Beautiful fabrics donated by Megan!

4.  Choose and quilt a top for a 15-year old boy with leukemia.
We'll be receiving a donated quilt later this week that will be perfect for this young man, so I took this one off the list.

5.  Keep working on the junk room, to turn it into a functional room again!!
Mostly done - I've still got some boxes to sort through, but should be completely finished this week!

This will be Lilli's new crafting area, starting in November!

In addition to everything listed above, we got together and made a quilt for Christy, the ministry member who had a brain aneurysm last week...


Isn't that gorgeous?  Dump and sew blocks, made from fabric leftover from other quilts that we've made for the ministry.  There are also some fabulous word blocks donated to us by Sharon that express some of the prayers we have for Christy - love, hope, care, hugs, hold.  Christy's got a long road ahead of her - we hope this quilt will remind her of all the people praying for her!

So that's how last week's list went.  Let's see what I need to work on this week - not much, because we'll be traveling...

1.  Quilt the last baby quilt on hand.

2.  Bind both baby quilts.

3.  Finish the quilting on a friend's quilt.  Quick job, only about 12 inches left to quilt after reloading it on the machine.

4.  Clean up the house so the house sitter doesn't run away in terror!

5.  Finish sorting through the few boxes left from the great junk room clean-up.

6.  Keep working on Emmy's Christmas stocking.

I'm pretty sure that's all I'll have time to work on this week.  Doesn't seem like much, does it?  But it will have to do!

So now the question is - - -  what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Christy will love this. Hope she is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you for sharing about your church ministry of putting together and giving quilts. I have joined a quilt group at church that make prayer quilts. Each quilt has over 40 ties for people to tie and say a prayer for a particular person who would like prayer. You inspire me with your stories. Keep up the good work! Love seeing your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilts and thank you for sharing with us. Enjoy your trip and leaf peeping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making my head spin lady! Enjoy the mountains...sooo jealous!! Lilli is going to love her craft room:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love that dump and sew quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The others said it for me. I should have said it before. But I so enjoy you sharing pictures of your beautiful quilts and updates about about your church's quilt ministry.
    Love the dump and sew quilts. They look so cozy, happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sarah
    I go to the market to fall, in Houston next week and would like to send you a baby quilt. Can I have an address or a PO box where to send it?
    I'm from São Paulo, Brazil.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. the quilt for Christy is beautiful. I hope she is doing better

    ReplyDelete
  9. All lovely quilts, thanks for sharing about the recipients too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sarah
    My e-mail is: elianazerbinatti@yahoo.com.br
    Thanks
    (About how to send to you a baby quilt).

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, your to do list amazes me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!