Friday, July 6, 2012

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? Something Different...


Hi, all!


Well, it's Friday again!!  I hope you've had a wonderful and safe holiday, and are staying relatively cool in your neck of the woods...  It's really hot here - 104 on Thursday, a new record, and I heard on TV that the Fourth of July was the hottest one ever in Nashville!  I'm really grateful for air conditioning and floor fans...  ;-)


So here's what I finished this week - I say finished because I didn't start any of them, just did the quilting and binding...






These three are all for the quilt ministry.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

But here's something really whoop-worthy!  My husband spotted a recipe in his running magazine - and I happened to have fresh corn on hand...


Mexican Street Corn

4 ears fresh corn, shucked
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 T. olive oil
1 T. chili powder 
Grated zest and juice of one lime
Salt and black pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup crushed tortilla chips or cubed, dried, whole grain bread
1 ounce queso fresco or cotija cheese

Prepare a grill to medium high heat and put the rack four inches from the fire, or turn the oven to 500 degrees F.  Grill or roast the corn, turning occasionally, until some kernels char a bit and other lightly brown, 15 to 20 minutes.  In a bowl combine mayonnaise, oil, chili, lime zest, juice, salt and pepper.  Pulse the remaining ingredients in a food processor until crumbly, then spread on a plate.  When the corn is done, remove ears from the heat and smear evenly with mayonnaise mixture.  Roll them in the crumb mixture and serve immediately.  

MMMMM, it's tasty!!
(which means it's probably not good for you, but who cares?)

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

And a cute picture from Tuesday - I dragged out the Bumbo and Miss Emmy really enjoyed sitting up to watch cartoons!


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
And now it's your turn!

What have you been working on this week?

We all want to see - and give out some whoops!

So link up below and we'll happy dance with you!!

The link will remain open until Sunday night.

See you there!!

Hugs!

Sarah

16 comments:

  1. The red quilt turned out so pretty! I love seeing effective 'random' quilts like this, it gives me ideas for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your corn recipe looks good, especially this time of year when corn is in season YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun flavors in that corn recipe!

    Even with what you say is just finishing up quilts, you still get lots done. That patchy red is a great use of color and scraps. Great to see those finishes hanging from the line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That corn recipe looks great, but the chances of finding that last item in our (1) grocery store here is, well, doubtful at best. I will put it on my list for the next "to town" run!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Beautiful finishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How big Emmy is getting! That corn looks delicious. We've having a family BBQ tomorrow, I might have to make some! Beautiful work on the quilts. I especially love the red one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stripy quilt looks lovely :) Thanks for the recipe.
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really wonderful quilts you finished this week. Miss Emmy looks so cute sitting up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice quilt finishes--you are so productive! And thanks for the corn recipe. Will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes! What an adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your finishes!!! But red is my favorite color, so you can guess which one I like the best. I also went out and bought a little chair like Miss Emmy's for my little Jolie -- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilts look great!
    I remember when my oldest one was Miss Emmy's age. My how time flies....and how 3rd birthday remind you of that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I said it before, but now again - just love the red quilt! And I passed on your corn recipe to my SIL - maybe this weekend we will have a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, does that corn look good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Your corn looks good. I hope you stay cool - I feel for everyone being affected by this crazy heat wave. You are remarkably productive nonetheless (as always!) Beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lip smackin' good corn yummy!!

    Love that first quilt hanging on the line!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!