Monday, October 31, 2011

Make-A-List Monday #70! Time to get back on the horse...


Hi, all!


Monday's here again, and I have to admit, it's time for me to get back on the horse and start riding again!  I didn't do so well on last week's list, so I need to buckle down this week and get back to work!  Let's look at last week's list...



1.  Quilt at least two more quilts for the quilt ministry.
Nope.  Ran out of batting, and the new roll didn't 
come in until Friday!  

2.  Piece at least two backs for ministry quilts.
Nope!  Didn't do this either.  Total fail!

3.  Quilt the zig-zag quilt.
Done!  You can see more of this on my Friday blogpost
it's my entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!


4.  Bind the two ministry quilts from last week.
Done!  You'll see these on my Wednesday blogpost, because
they've gone on to new homes already!

5.  Bind the zig-zag quilt.
Done!  Pretty stripe-y binding, too!


6.  Work on my friend's seat cushions.
Well, I did work on these - I went to the store to buy 
the foam for the cushions and found out that 4" thick,
24" wide high density foam is --- get this ---
$59.99 a yard!!!  So now I've got to wait for this
coming weekend, when it's on sale for 50% off....
So I'm still ripping out the seams in the futon cover.

And in my defense, Sunday afternoon I did put two borders
on a brights quilt for the quilt ministry, and start pinning
another ministry quilt on the quilting frame
so I can quilt it this week.  So I didn't totally 
fritter away the day!!

So now, for next week, here's what I hope to get accomplished...

1.  Finish loading the Coach's quilt on the frame and quilt.

2.  Make a back for the brights quilt.

3.  Quilt the brights quilt.

4.  Cut out pieces for a pair of commission quilts.

5.  Make two quilt backs for the ministry quilt flimsies.

6.  Finish deconstructing the futon cover, 
and hit that foam sale this weekend!

I'm quitting while I'm ahead - and hopefully next week I won't have to put "fail" by any of these items!!

So what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

PS Looking for the winner of the Traveling Stash? Click here!

14 comments:

  1. Your stripey binding is very cute!

    I can't believe how much foam costs---FOAM! That is craziness I tell ya;/

    "Fritter" away the day...that is a funny expression. I don't think you "Fritter" away any day though Sarah;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a warm coat and blanket drive at work for the local homeless shelter, but I'm donating my year's worth of knit stocking caps. I knit after I come home from work and watch 2 news shows I have DVR'd. So I have 2 large boxes of child-teen-adult knit stocking caps just in time for winter. Just finishing a few more caps today on my flex day off to turn in tomorrow. You have an amazingly ambitious TO-DO list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to finishing quilt two charity quilts and Bella's quilt, finish making the JL blocks, and finish the BOM top. Not sure if I will get all the quilting done because my knee is not cooperating, but I will give it a try.
    I love the bright colors in the zigzag quilt. Someone is going to love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your zig-zag quilt is so beautiful, congrats on a wonderful finish. I think it sounds like you got quite a bit done last week and what a list for this week! Lists definitely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only 'list' I make is for swaps - mail deadlines. From now til the New Year (gosh I said that) I am playing with what I want, when I want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lately (last 4-5 months), I've been adding things to a list of to-dos...and, it's like I've been putting too many rocks in my back pack. I'm trying to simplify.
    ...today I HAVE to quilt my OPAM and get that on the list of "finishes".

    I do very much appreciate your willingness to put for your Monday lists, tho...it inspires me to work on my focus. =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your zig zag quilt! I hope to get my queen sized 1-2-3 quilt quilted this week, still debating how to do it, then of course bind it so we can wash it and get it on the bed. I figure I will also work on DD!'s fish blocks and the Holiday Happy blocks, because I know I can't work on just one thing at a time :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You still do more than a lot of us combined my friend! You amaze us all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Work on the binding for wedding gift quilt and the binding on my husband's Christmas gift. I love your zig-zag quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl -- you are still on the horse, just stopped for a little water. I am amazed at what you do accomplish, so a break every so often is well deserved. Love the Zig Zag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am pretty much in love with the zig zag quilt. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Goodness...I just can not take my eyes off that quilt! AND WHERE did you find that EXACT spot for that quilt to just be that gorgeous?
    HOLY MOLY...So much talent... WOW. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I am back. I just want to say - I want to be like you when my quilting life grows up!
    Ok. I am done stalking.... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Mondays have gone crazy lately. Working 2 jobs (one paid, one volunteer) and having to be at both on Monday, too. Since I'm responding on Wednesday, can you tell how Tuesday went, too? Hopefully I'll get some sewing done on Thursday. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!