Friday, May 14, 2010

Sew and Tell Friday - A Near Finish!!

Hi, all!

Well, I had to take the picture of my Friday finish before I actually finished it - the weather was closing in here in Tennessee and I had to take advantage of the sunshine while I had it!  It will be finished tonight, for sure - I've only got to hand-stitch the binding and it will be done.


I love this pattern - learned it from Quilts For Kids - but this time I took some inspiration from a recent quit magazine and added the butterfly applique.  And here's the back:


  I put another one of the butterflies on the back and just love it!    Both butterflies are outlined in black baby rick-rack (more handstitching!) and I think they came out really well.

I stitched around each butterfly, and then quilted up to the butterfly stitching all around.  I like the way it makes the butterfly kind of pop out of the background......
This quilt is the first to be completely finished for my daughter's silent auction.  I created a special label for the back that incorporates both her blog name and my quilting "handle":


The binding will be the bright blue of the four-patch squares.  It's looking really good now where I've started to do the hand-stitching!  So now I'll head over to Amy's Sew and Tell Friday to post my link and see what everyone else has been up to this week, then finish off this quilt!

Later!

Sarah


11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt! The cute butterfly really does stand out with the black ricrac outline. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bright blue binding will look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that butterfly! I hope you didn't get too much rain again. It only sprinkled here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilt is so lovely! The black rickrack really adds to that appliqued butterfly too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, whimsical quilt. Yep, I'm thinking spring. Your butterfly applique turned out really well. The ric rac was a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so CUTE!!

    a great finish for what I am sure is a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt! Thanks for sharing. ooxx`jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! I love the fact that the butterfly perfectly accents the front and the back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! The butterflies are such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt is beautiful! I love the butterflies. Are those Heidi Grace fabrics? I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!