Thursday, March 11, 2010

Isn't It Amazing......

.....how God knows exactly what we need? When we started this quilt ministry, we had a good stash of focus print fabrics, a moderate stash of background prints, and almost no fabrics large enough for backings. But just since Monday, we've had donations of fabric that have filled in the gaps - lots of large pieces of fabric that can be used for quilt backs, wonderful background prints, and even some quilt batting!! And our local fabric store had a great sale on background prints and solids, too - so we are really ready to go! It's so wonderful to be able to go to the fabric stash and know that you will be able to find everything you need to piece a quilt top.

So tomorrow, my mission is to organize all the fabric we have onto shelving, where it will be easily accessible to everyone. All the purse-weight fabric will have to go into storage containers to make space for the quilting fabric, but I bet the quilt fabric's going to look great when it's organized by color on the shelves! I wish I had a friend with a burning desire to help me fold fabric, but most of them have jobs during the day - - so first thing in the morning, I'm going to jump right in. Wish me luck!! I'll post pics of the finished result tomorrow....

Later!

Sarah

2 comments:

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!