Sunday, February 21, 2010

Through no fault of my own....

...my closet is filling up again with fabric! But this time, it's wonderful fabrics donated by people from their stash for the children's quilts we are making - so it's ok, it's not really mine!! A friend of mine brought four large sacks of fabric to church this morning - I haven't had a chance to look through all of it, but I did see a darling frog print! Can't wait to dig through and see what else is in there. And another friend brought me a bunch of sample books from an interior designer she knows - today I pulled those out of the bindings and they filled an enormous plastic storage box! Some of the fabrics are wonderful, and should make really interesting quilts - a little fancier but I'm sure we can find a use for them. Maybe I can use those to make some quilts for my daughter Nancy to auction off - she and her husband are in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia. It's really expensive to adopt, so they are trying lots of ways to raise funds. If you are interested in their progress, you can follow their blog here.

I'm so proud of my ladies from church - I put out a call for people to cut hearts from their scrap fabric for our prayer ministry to hand out at church today, and we ended up with over 1200 hearts! And that's really amazing considering each heart had to be cut out of a different fabric - looks like I'm not the only person with a fabric stash problem out there!

And now, totally unrelated to my need to use up my fabric stash, I want to share a video of my beautiful granddaughter with you - she's becoming quite a singer!!




Have a wonderful week! Later!!

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Joel's nickname is "FROG".... <3

    It was emotional to let go of the fabric... but I know it is going to a higher purpose! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilli is so cute! That is an awesome video! Have you caught any flack about shooting that while driving? :) ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Lilli's mom shot that film....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! I was trying to reply to your comment on my blog, but it was set to "no-reply". If you want to change that, I am sure you can easily find some instructions by Googling it. Anyway, to answer your question about the block I posted on my blog, I fused the pieces down with double-sided interfacing and then went around each piece with a small zig-zag stitch. So yes, the pieces will be secured when the quilt is washed / used / loved!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!